Sunday, April 23, 2006

We're in the FORWARD

Over the past six years I have started nearly every Friday morning (following minyan at Chapel Ave.) with our children at our Early Childhood Center in Voorhees. Even when our school numbered but 18 children, I always got the entire school together for Kabbalat Shabbat. Over the years we have added more singing and stories to our repetoire but the one constant has been my addressing the students in Hebrew each week. I ask them about the weather, about their birthdays, sing the alphabet, and play word games with them, all in Hebrew.

A couple of years ago, when our director Roselee Redelheim and I first started working together I asked Roselee to consider putting together a Hebrew Immersion program for our little ones. She found a number of interested parents and a talented teacher and our program is now going strong. So strong, in fact, that a national Jewish newspaper, the FORWARD, featured an article about our program this week.

You can read about our school on line in the FORWARD by clicking here: www.forward.com/articles/7645

We are very proud of our Early Childhood Center, its director and all our talented staff.

No comments: